Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Saving a life....

Today many people on board were able to give a lifesaving gift to a dear patient that we have been calling Grandma. She is from far upcountry and has been waiting for this surgery for many many years. She's super sweet, a bit confused at times, full of hugs and smiles and absolutely wonderful. For the last week every time I walked past her she would reach out and hug me, speak sweet words to me in Fula and just smile looking longingly into my eyes. Often times sneaking up from behind while I wasn't paying attention just to lay her hands on me, pouring her love into me by osmosis. Today was a really rough day for her, and she's currently in the ICU and no where close to being out of the woods. She will go back to the OR first thing in the morning for another surgery due to complications during this one. Please pray for this sweet woman, she needs all the thoughts and prayers she can get right now...Check out my friend Josh's blog (who also happens to be from St. Louis!!) at jky2003.blogspot.com       he gave the gift of life today......I'm so proud of him and the community in which I am blessed to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment